2fer



Don't you just love 2 for 1 deals? Well if you are like me the answer is a resounding YES! So what do you get? Mango salsa and shrimp ceviche! Sound good? Ok, good... let's do this.

Mango Salsa

 Mango Salsa 
1-2 mangos cubed
1-3 Jalepenos (your preference
1-bunch of cilantro
1-whole lemon
1/2 a smal to medium sized purple onion
2-tablespoons of EVOO
3-tablespoons of orange juice
Salt to taste


Mason Jars are an excellent way of keeping your salsa fresh for at least a week-never lasts longer than that in my house. :) This stuff is amazing on chicken, fish, with chips and in tacos. Maybe even a savory turkey meatloaf? Huh... something new to try. 

Shrimp Ceviche

For the ceviche:

1-2 lbs. of shrimp(depending on how many people you are serving)

 1/2 of your mango salsa base(If you are skipping the salsa and opting for just the ceviche-you can skip the olive oil and orange juice)

2- persian cucumbers(you can use any kind of cucumber- I just really like the persian because they have less water than American)

1-medium sized tomato

 Et Voila!
(without shrimp)

(with shrimp)

I only add hot sauce to my shrimp ceviche because I hardly use jalapenos if any since my daughter is such a spicy lightweight--she needs to eat too, I guess. :)

Bon appetit y hasta luego!




Comments

Post a Comment

J'aime Commentaires

Popular Posts